Who We Are
The Amador Child Care Council determines local community child care needs through the development of needs assessments and a county-wide child care plan. The council plays a role in developing affordable, accessible, quality child care for families in Amador County.
The Amador Child Care Council has a public meeting and all persons interested in child care issues are encouraged to attend. Meetings are held the first Monday of the month from 1:00 – 3:00 pm – the meeting location changes monthly, please see the Agenda and Minutes page to confirm meeting date, time, and location.
Application for Membership
Appointments to the Amador Child Care Council (ACCC) are recommended by the ACCC and approved by the Amador County Board of Supervisors and the Amador County Superintendent of Schools. Members must live or work in Amador County. The ACCC members shall be drawn from each of the following categories: Child Care Provider, Child Care Consumer, Community Representative, Public Agencies, and Discretionary.
1. 20 percent consumers, defined as a parent or person who receives child care services.
2. 20 percent child care providers, defined as a person who provides child care services or represents persons who provide child care services.
3. 20 percent public agency representatives, defined as a person who represents a city, county, city and county, or local education agency.
4. 20 percent community representatives, defined as a person who represents an agency or business that provides private funding for child care services, or who advocates for child care services through participation in civic or community-based organizations but is not a child care provider and does not represent an agency that contracts with the CDE to provide child care and development services.
5. The remaining 20 percent are to be appointed from any of the above categories or outside of these categories at the discretion of the appointing agencies.
Application Form -ONLINE version – Fill & Print – PDF (opens in a new window)
Application Form – OFFLINE version – Print & Fill – PDF (opens in a new window)